Saturday, June 21, 2014

Angels Mystery Bag Rangers Pregame Graphing 6-21-14

I decided to attend the Angels Mystery Bag event for the third year in a row. Last year I was lucky enough to get Mike Trout's autograph from a mystery bag so I was hoping for the same type of luck this year. Each bag was sold for $40 and contained one autographed baseball from a current Angels player. The team also randomly inserted a gold ball as well which grants the winner four tickets to a future Angels game and also a chance to meet and greet players on field for batting practice.


The Angels were scheduled to sell each mystery bag at 5pm. People were camping out since noon to get in front of the line. 


To kill some time I did some pregame graphing at the stadium. The first autograph I got was from Leonys Martin who signed my ROMLB on the SS. Since I collect Cuban baseball players I had to get him on a baseball.


I also ended up getting autographs from Joakim Soria and Colby Lewis.



Tyler Skaggs also signed my ROMLB on the SS with the "Go Halos" inscription.



Now back to the mystery bags. Each person was allowed to buy three bags at a time and had to get back in line if they wanted to purchase any additional mystery bags. The Angels did a poor job of mixing each bag as I ended up getting three Garrett Richards autographed baseballs from my first three bags I purchased. I later on found out that other fans ended up getting three autographs from the same player with some lucky fans getting three Pujols baseballs. I couldn't complain since Garrett is one of the top pitchers for the Angels this year but I didn't really need three signed baseballs from him. Thus I ended up trading one of my Richards baseballs with my friend Jeremy who traded me his Josh Hamilton ball. I later on sold the Hamilton ball to my friend Julio to reduce my cost of buying all these baseballs today. Since I lost faith in the way the event was organized this year I ended up buying one additional baseball which ended up being a Joe Smith baseball.




After a few days I ended up trading my second of three Richards ball as a part of a larger deal with my friend Warren who traded me his Konerko 2010 All Star baseball he got signed during the day of the Konerko incident at the stadium a few weeks ago.


The winner of the day was my friend Lori who pulled an Albert Pujols ball from one of her mystery bags. Congrats to Lori on the nice pickup.



No comments:

Post a Comment