Wednesday, August 29, 2012

8-28-12 Angels vs Red Sox Post Game Graphing

Tonight was another night of misadventures in graphing. I sort of expected this since we are talking about the Red Sox here so I didn't expect much.

I got a tip from a fellow grapher that Clay Buchholz and John Lackey drove in together at the back of the stadium. Thus Ryan, Benson and I decided to wait in the back of the stadium. There wasn't much action going on in the back and security informed us that he didn't see any players walking in today and that most of them took the bus. Ryan and I decided to go to the front instead while Benson stayed back since he noticed that Jose Iglesias' friend was waiting for him as well. This proved to be a major mistake on our part as I will explain later.

In the front the first Red Sox player to walk out was Pedro Ciriaco who big leagued us and didn't sign. I figured this was a sign of things to come since even a scrub for the Red Sox didn't sign for us. Luckily I didn't have anything for him to sign.

The first player to sign for me was Ryan Lavarnway who signed my 2012 Gypsy Queen card. I was the only one who noticed who he was. Ryan was with his family and was carrying food. He signed just for me and told everyone he had to go since he was with his family. I guess it helped that I recognized who he was and I wore my Red Sox gear today.






I was happy I got my one and didn't strike out tonight. Next up was Vincente Padilla who signed my Red Sox team card. Sadly I didn't have any cards for him either so the team card will do.



Afterwards Ryan Kalish signed for all of us. He was extremely nice and stopped to sign for all of us while he was waiting for his friends to pick him up from the stadium.



The last member of the Red Sox to sign was Coach Bobby Valentine. Since I didn't have anything for him to sign my friend Greg gave me a card. Thanks Greg.



Afterwards I met up with Benson and found out that Clay Buchholz and Mark Melancon signed in the back. Clay signed for all the fans waiting for him. John Lackey ended up signing for one kid. Ryan and I both should have waited in the back.

2 comments:

  1. Hi – Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Autograph Hunting Community? Our members will love it.
    Members include: Autograph Hunters, Signature Authenticators, Etc.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website… it’s a win win. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like. It’s free and easy.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    The Autograph Hunting Community: http://www.vorts.com/autograph_hunting/
    Thanks,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. Can you post the link for me? I'm too lazy to register for another website.

      Delete