Friday, July 25, 2014

Angels vs Tigers Series

I decided to graph the Tigers last weekend with the goal of getting Miguel Cabrera's autograph in person for the first time. As everyone knows he has been my white whale for quite some time. The goal was to get his autograph for the first time on my Miguel Cabrera Tigers authentic jersey. My second goal was to get Torii Hunter's autograph on my Torii Hunter Angels jersey.






The first autograph I got was from Torii Hunter who is always nice to the fans. He is an class act in baseball and always treats his fans well. I wish he still played for the Halos. Torii was kind enough to sign my Angels jersey along with a 2010 All Star baseball for me under the logo.








The next autograph was from Nick Castellanos who signed a ROMLB on the SS for me. I love taking risks with prospects so I had to drop a baseball on him. It also helped that he was a cool guy in person so I hope he has a good career in baseball.





The biggest surprise autograph was from Justin Verlander. He ended up signing four baseballs near the dugout and I happened to be in the correct position at the right time. I knew he was a side paneling reverse rawlings machine so I dropped a regular ROMLB on him expecting to get side panelled. I even asked for it under the mlb logo but he ignored my request. Luckily he was running with a blue pen and was only signing baseballs. He was side paneling commemorative baseballs so I settled for a standard ROMLB nicely signed reverse rawlings style which is the way I love it.




The sweetspot MLB authenticated Verlander I obtained was via a trade last year so it was nice to finally obtain his autograph myself. I'm happy to say I have two Verlander signed baseballs in my PC.

The next autograph was from future HOFer Omar Vizquel who kindly signed my ROMLB on the SS for me.





And finally the drought was over. I ended up getting Miggy to sign my jersey.






No comments:

Post a Comment