Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bill Walton/Pre Game Mariners Graphing 6-6-12

Since I got out of work early today I decided to do some pre-game graphing for the Mariners. Sadly I forgot to bring my camera so I wasn't able to take pictures of the players today. The first player to sign was Blake Beavan who signed two cards for me, my 2012 Topps Heritage and 2012 Topps card.


The next person to sign was John Jaso who signed my 2012 Topps Card. I was happy I was finally able to get John's autograph since I barely missed getting him two nights ago inside the stadium.



The biggest surprise of the day was Bill Walton who I didn't expect to run into. He was in town as a guest speaker at an event in Irvine. Initially when I ran into him I waved hello and asked him what he was doing here in town and that's how I found out he was a guest speaker at an event. He asked me what I was doing so I told him I was here to graph the Mariners since I collect autographs. One of his handlers heard our conversation so he gave me an autographed photo of Bill Walton. I guess he passed those out at the event. When I referred to him as Mr. Walton he kept on telling me to call him "Bill." I always forget about that since he tells us the same thing whenever he has a signing. I've ran into Bill in the past and he is always a class act and one of the friendliest athletes you will ever meet. Since I didn't have any basketball related items on me I asked him to sign a ROMLB on the SS. He laughed and mentioned that he was a terrible baseball player growing up.



The next person to sign was Mike Carp who signed my 2012 Gypsy Queen Card.


The last person to sign for me today was Brandon League. I met Brandon last year and had him sign a baseball as well. However I gave it away as a gift to my buddy Stan who is a diehard Mariners fan this past year so I needed to replenish and get his autograph again to add to my Asian MLB Player Collection. Brandon was cool as usual and signed my ROMLB on the SS.


6 comments:

  1. Dodgers coming to Seattle this weekend and I am going to all 3 games. Hoping to get my graph on this weekend. Keep up all the good work David!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Kelly. I wish you the best since you are a diehard Dodger fan. Ethier and Kemp are really good signers so be on the lookout for them. Kershaw is the toughest but he's been getting easier inside the stadium this year as a bunch of my friends who have season seats were able to get him this year. Let me know how you end up doing.

      Delete
  2. So I got to attend a NO Hitter, which was awesome. I didn't do as good I was I would have liked but I did alright. Got Ethier on a card and Eovaldi on a card also along with a few other Dodgers. My best graph was on Sunday when they accidentlly let us in the stadium a couple mins early. Millwood was warming up and after he finished we followed him to the dugout and asked him if he would sign. It was just me and my brother in law so he was really nice about it. I had him sign my ticket from friday night when he started the No hitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I saw the no hitter on tv and I thought of you since I knew you were at the game. You witnessed history in person which is great. Great pickup on Ethier and getting Millwood on the no hitter ticket stub.

      Delete
  3. Thanks. Going to Salem for a single A game on Sunday. The Volcanoes play the Boise Cubs and there hitting coach is Bill Buckner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice Bill Buckner is a great addition to anyone's collection. Good luck and I hope you get him. He's worth a single signed ROMLB.

      Delete