Saturday, April 21, 2012

Jamaal Wilkes Signing Hollywood Park 4-20-12

I attended the Jamaal Wilkes Autograph Signing hosted by Hollywood Park in Inglewood. Jamaal was scheduled to sign from 4:30-6:30pm.


I arrived to the signing really late at around 6:20 since I had work today and traffic was bad when I was heading out to Inglewood. I had little to no expectations of getting his autograph. I was hoping he'd stay longer to sign or hope he'd run late so he'd sign longer than the scheduled time of the signing. When I arrived there were about 30 people in line most of which were double or triple dipping. Jamaal was inscribing everything for the fans including "Silk" "HOF 12" "4X NBA Champion" for the fans who got there early. Unfortunately they cut off the line and it looked initially as if I wasn't going to get an autograph today.

I am not the type to give up when it comes to autograph signings. I did what anyone in my position would have done which is to follow Jamaal outside. I made sure I wasn't being pushy and didn't get in his way as well the security. There was heavy security around him telling fans to move away. I asked Mr. Wilkes politely if he can sign my basketball while valet was bringing his car to him. Sure enough he signed my basketball and even inscribed HOF 12 for me. I felt really really fortunate to end up with an autograph today and I thanked Jamaal for signing for me even though he didn't have to. Here is a photo of my signed basketball.




No comments:

Post a Comment