Sunday, June 2, 2013

Phil Jackson Eleven Rings Costco Book Signing 6-1-13

I decided to roll out with Benson and James to Phil Jackson's book signing in Hawthorne yesterday. This was a last minute decision to attend this signing since we initially weren't planning on going but we all realized that this would probably be our only chance to get Coach Jackson's autograph. Even though he wasn't signing any outside memorabilia just adding an autograph of one of the best coaches in NBA history and getting a chance to meet him was well worth it. Phil was scheduled to sign from 12:30-2:30pm. Since it was a last minute decision, we arrived a bit late to the signing at around 11:30am. Surprisingly the line wasn't long at all as we were about 50th in line. In the end about 150 fans showed up. Most of the people showed up as the signing was taking place.


Phil arrived at noon and started to sign right away. This book signing reminded me of the Arnold Schwarzenegger book signing I attended last year where the line moved quickly since they didn't allow any photo ops or any conversation with the author. Phil's handlers were strict as no outside memorabilia were being signed even though many fans tried. 

I ended up purchasing two books to get signed by Phil.







Overall it was an easy autograph to get with no hassle and not much waiting. I want to give a shout out to Austin who has been one of my blog readers for quite some time. It was finally cool to get a chance to meet you in person.

1 comment:

  1. It was good finally meeting you too. It'll be the last time I try to get an autograph with both kids in tow. We baked in the sun and i have never seen them look this dark. I didn't get my outside item signed but I got a good photo of Phil and my daughter that almost looks posed.

    ReplyDelete