Sunday, June 9, 2013

Oscar Robertson Signing at the Long Beach Expo 6-8-13

I decided to get Oscar Robertson's autograph at the Long Beach Coin, Stamp, and Sports Collectible Expo. Oscar was scheduled to sign from 11:30am-1pm. Each autograph was $60 plus $30 for inscriptions. Along with Oscar, Dennis Rodman, Joe Montana and Dwight Clark were also in attendance to sign autographs as well. I felt that for that price it was a bargain to add one of the most legendary players in NBA history into my autograph collection especially since Oscar Robertson is a tough autograph to get.

Benson and I arrived late to the signing which wasn't bad since it was a paid signing. Therefore we didn't wait too long in line. I was number 169 based on the autograph ticket. I would estimate that they sold about 200 autograph tickets for Oscar Robertson.

While I was in line one of his handlers mentioned that we couldn't take photos of Oscar signing. He was really strict about it saying that if we took a photo then Oscar would leave and not sign for everyone. For some reason Oscar doesn't like to be photographed. Thus this was the best picture I got of him signing as I took a photo with my camera phone from a distance when I wasn't in line.



I had Oscar sign an Official NBA Basketball for me along with PSA authentication.


Afterwards we headed out to Dodger Stadium for the Old Timers game.

No comments:

Post a Comment