Sunday, June 23, 2013

Andrew McCutchen: Angels vs Pirates Game 6-21-13

The Pirates were in town for a three game interleague series vs the Angels. I decided to attend the game on Friday after work with the goal of adding Andrew McCutchen's autograph to my personal collection. I met up with Benson at the stadium gates. There he presented me with two SGAs; a CJ Wilson Bobblehead and a Mariano Rivera Tribute card. Since I couldn't attend the game on Thursday for the bobblehead night he was kind enough to pick one up for me. Thanks again Benson.








Both items will look great as a display next to my signed Rivera and Wilson ROMLBs.

I also met up with Matt Crocker to complete a trade for a Felix Hernandez ball he recently acquired this past week when the Mariners were in town. I think this was his third or fourth Felix ball. Matt is a legend/hofer among graphers and is the only person I know who was able to acquire Kobe, Jordan, Gretzky, Phelps, Ozzie Smith, Ken Griffey Jr and Roger Clemens' autographs in a span of 1 month not to mention all of the other legendary autographs he owns in his collection. Thanks again for the trade Matt.





Today was Peter Bourjos poster night to commemorate the famous catch he made vs the Orioles a few weeks ago.




What I get annoyed about posters is that they always end up getting wrinkled by the end of the night especially if you are trying to graph at the same time. Plus I am too lazy to carry around a poster roll since it never fits my backpack. I wish they would make posters smaller. I had my buddy David A carry my poster in his backpack the entire night since I hate carrying these things around. Thanks again Dave. 
 
As soon as we entered the stadium I took a few pictures of the Pirates stretching over the dugout.





Starling Marte signed over the dugout for a few fans but we barely missed him.

The first Pirate to sign for me was Bryan Morris who signed over the dugout.


After warmups most of the Pirates were playing catch in the outfield so we headed over to the VIP seating area where both Andrew and Starling were playing catch.





As soon as Andrew finished playing catch he came over and signed for my buddy Kyle. Luckily the usher let me inside the VIP area as well since she promised me that if Cutch signed she would let me get his autograph. As soon as Cutch finished signing for Kyle, Andrew signed my ROMLB on the SS.





Soon afterwards chaos ensued as all the other graphers were chanting my name asking me to get Cutch's autograph for them. I handed Cutch Benson's baseball and got him to sign his baseball. Then I ended up getting Bruce's cards which Cutch signed as well. During the madness I wasn't able to take any photos but luckily my friend Kyle did. Here is a photo that Kyle took on his instagram page showing Cutch signing autographs for us.





Make sure to follow Kyle (addictiveartwork) and me (lowdownrow) on instagram.

Check out Kyle's photo of Cutch. It's simply amazing and I think Cutch ended up giving Kyle the cleanest signature today.






The first photo above shows Benson. He doesn't like to be photographed so he purposely turned his back on me when I took a photo of Kyle with his signed painting.

Cutch was friendly as can be and was signing away. I ended up getting two ROMLBs signed by Cutch on the SS.



Cutch pretty much made our day since all of the graphers were there to get his autograph and the series just barely started.

Andrew McCutchen was also interviewed near the dugout as well.


As soon as he finished the interview we all thanked him again for signing for us today.

Neil Walker was the next player to sign for us and he ended up signing a card for me.


Afterwards Gaby Sanchez threw me a brand new ROMLB while I was chilling near the dugout. I didn't even bring my glove today since I wasn't planning on ballhawking. I ended up getting a second baseball from one of the Pirates trainers as well over the dugout. You can notice how clean the Sanchez baseball is vs the one the trainer gave me which shows more BP use.




The last Pirate to sign for me was Charlie Morton who signed over the dugout.






Overall it was another fantastic day at the stadium. I want to give a shout out to all the graphers at Angel Stadium including Benson, Matt, Kyle, AlexRob, Kyle S, Ryan, and Scotty.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day. Btw, I sent you a request in instagram.

    ReplyDelete