Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Joc Pederson Signing Time Warner Cable Store 4-4-15

Thanks to a last minute tip from my friend Josh I decided to go to the Joc Pederson signing at the Time Warner Cable Store at the Beverly Connection. Normally I sleep in on Saturdays if I am not working but luckily I got an early morning text from my friend Josh who knew I was still trying to get my first Joc Pederson autograph.


Joc was scheduled to sign from 10-11:30am. This was literally last minute so I drove straight to the store and arrived about 30 minutes into the signing. To my surprise only about 10 people were there and there was no line since everyone got their items signed. This was the rare autograph signing where only a few graphers showed up most likely due to the fact that it wasn't publicized well.



Joc's handlers enforced the strictly one autograph per person rule. Thus all the graphers who were there were lurking hoping that the rules would change.

There was a ton of media there filming the entire event which was most likely for the show Backstage Dodgers which is shown on the Dodgers Network on Time Warner Cable.


As soon as I gave Joc my baseball he turned the ball with the intention to side panel it. I politely asked for the sweetspot and he luckily obliged. I assumed he would be sweetspotting since it's a public signing but I noticed that he side panelled baseballs for other fans at the event and was personalizing photos like the previous night at Angel Stadium. I guess he is under contract since most rookies wouldn't be big leaguing like that. I was happy I finally got Joc's autograph and he was kind enough to take a photo with me as well.




All the regulars such as Josh, Spencer, Adrian, Larry, Marc, and Jay were all upset including me since we could have totally racked this event. Joc was sitting there with an hour left and didn't sign since we weren't allowed to go back in line for seconds. This reminded me of the time when Marshall Faulk finished up his session an hour early and just sat there and refused to sign more autographs for people who already got him.

All in all I couldn't complain too much since I was happy to finally get Joc's autograph. I want to thank Josh again for the last minute tip and also Marc for giving Josh the heads up about the event.


No comments:

Post a Comment