Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dodgers vs Giants Series Old Timers Game 2014

Dodgers vs Giants Postgame Graphing Recap 5-8-14

After the epic fail with Jeter during the Angels vs Yankees series I decided to try my luck with some post game graphing at Dodger Stadium. Maybe a change of venue would bring me some better luck.

I arrived at the stadium around the 8th inning and took a few photos near the Giants bullpen.








In terms of postgame graphing I ended up with one autograph from my favorite pitcher Tim Lincecum who signed my 2010 All Star ball under the logo. The goal this year is to get all four Lincecum All Star baseballs signed.





Old Timers Game 2014: 5-10-14

Since I had work on Saturday I couldn't go to the Dodgers vs Giants game on time. Luckily the Old Timers Game was scheduled after the completion of the Dodgers vs Giants game this year. The Dodgers released a roster of former Dodger greats to play in the Old Timers game which included legends such as Eric Gagne, Darryl Strawberry, Fernando Valenzuela, Nomar Garciaparra, and Orel Hershiser. The goal today was to get Eric Gagne and Darryl Strawberry.

I arrived at the stadium around the 8th inning again like a few nights before. I was bored so I took photos.







I love going to the ballpark for day games.

As soon as the game ended I decided to do some post game graphing. I ended up getting Matt Cain on a photo and Tim Lincecum on a 2011 All Star ball. The Cain photo was a rushed signature. His regular signature is haggard but the one I got from him on my photo is probably the worst autograph he has ever given out. Luckily the photo wasn't expensive to print.



Afterwards I decided to check out the Old Timers Game.







The first autograph I got was from Eric Gagne who signed a ROMLB on the SS for me. He was mobbed as expected so I ended up with his short sig. However I was still stoked to add him to my Dodger PC.




Next up was Steve Finley who also signed a ROMLB on the SS for me as well.




Finally last but not least I finally got Darryl Strawberry's autograph. Darryl was one of my favorite players back in the 80s when I first fell in love with baseball. Even though he was mobbed by everyone he was nice enough to also take a photo with me as well.







Overall it was another stellar day of graphing at Dodger Stadium.

3 comments: