Monday, January 27, 2014

Eddie Guardado's and Michael Young's 3rd Annual Stars and Strikes Bowling 1-26-14

I decided to hit up one of my favorite charity events of the year which is Eddie Guardado's Stars and Strikes Bowling Tournament to benefit children with autism. This was my 3rd year graphing this event but the difference this year was that Michael Young was also now a host of this event and the venue changed from Tustin to Anaheim.






Each year the graphing crowd gets larger at this event which means more scuffling and more competition to graph. Luckily 75% of people there are all of my friends from LA and Anaheim that graph with me on a regular basis so it was nice to see everyone again after a long time off from the offseason.

The first to arrive to the event was Michael Young and Eddie Guardado as expected since they were both hosting the event. Both were cordial and nice to all the fans who waited outside and signed for everyone.




Sadly this was the only picture besides the first photo I took all night. Due to the massive crowd I didn't get a chance to take more photos of the players signing.

I didn't have anything for Eddie but I did get Michael Young to sign a 2009 All Star ball.





My goal this year is to add more signed commemorative baseballs into my autograph collection thanks to my friend Jose who inspired me to follow in his footsteps.

Next up was a player I usually get skipped over by which is Adrian Beltre. I've had numerous graphing encounters with Adrian and each time he has the habit of skipping me. I think my success rate getting his auto overall is at about 20%. Today was my lucky day and he finally signed my 2010 All Star ball for me. Another project I am working on this year is getting superstar player autographs on their first All Star baseballs.


The rest of the night was kind of a blur since each player arrived at different times. Someone who wasn't on the guest list but did show up was Nomar Garciaparra who signed a ROMLB on the SS for me.




Next up was Ian Kinsler who signed my 2008 All Star ball under the logo and was kind enough to inscribe 1st ASG for me as well.




After the event was over I ended up getting Troy Percival to sign a ROMLB on the SS with the 02 Champs inscription.




Then Brian "fear the beard" Wilson signed my ROMLB on the SS.


Finally I got two photos signed. One was from Nick "Shredder" Punto and the other one was from Agone who ran with a blue sharpie all night.





I want to give a shoutout to all of my fellow graphers including Benson, Alex A, Alex G, Rob G, Franz, Josh, David A, Scotty, Tyler, Jack, Kyle, Matt C, Mike, David M, Jesse, Stephan, Robert, Joe, Brian, Jose, Clint, and everyone else who was out there graphing this event. It was cool hanging out with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment