Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dodgers vs Pirates Post Game Graphing 4-5-13

Tonight was the first night of post game graphing at Dodger Stadium for me and my first visit to Dodger Stadium for the 2013 season. The Pirates were in town for a three game series vs the Dodgers and since I haven't graphed the Pirates before this was a perfect opportunity to add some Pirates autographs to my collection.

The first Pirate to walk out and sign for the fans was Michael McKenry who I mistakenly thought was Travis Snider. I apologized for my mistake. Luckily Michael was cool about it since he told me that everyone gets them both mixed up. He still signed a card for me.


The next Pirate to sign for me was Jose Tabata who walked out with Wandy Rodriguez. I brought seven cards for him to sign and surprisingly he signed all of them. Only six are shown since I gave one of my doubles away to my friend Benson.


As soon as Jose signed all of my cards I thanked him and got Wandy to come over. Wandy ended up signing all six cards on my page. Last year he was strictly one per with me when he played with the Astros. I guess he was in a good mood even though the Pirates lost to the Dodgers. I congratulated him on his WBC Championship with the Dominican Republic and thanked him in Spanish for signing all of my cards.






Next up was AJ Burnett. AJ initially was about to walk straight to the team bus but a fan next to me convinced him to come over and sign for us. I initially expected AJ to sign a few then leave but surprisingly he signed down the line. When he was a Yankee he was a tough autograph to get but I guess his autograph habits have changed since he joined the Pirates. AJ was nice enough to sign my ROMLB on the SS.





AJ also helped me get Clint Barmes' autograph. As soon as he finished signing for me Clint walked by and stopped to chat with AJ. I asked Clint to sign my three cards as well. Only two are pictured below since I gave one away to Benson.





Next up was Coach Clint Hurdle who signed two cards for me.





The last player to sign was Garrett Jones who signed three cards for me.


I want to give a shout out to all my fellow graphers who were out there tonight including Benson, Rob, Alex G, Alex A, Josh, and Marty.

No comments:

Post a Comment