Saturday, May 21, 2011

Torii Hunter Metro PCS, James Worthy Staples 5-21-11

Today was another day of two signings at two different locations. The first signing was a Torii Hunter signing at Metro PCS in Stanton. Torii was scheduled to sign from 11:30-1pm which coincided with the James Worthy signing which was at Staples in Pico Rivera. I actually wanted to get Torii's autograph more than Worthy that day since at that point I never got Torii and I got Worthy to sign a basketball for me at the NBA Nation Event about a week ago. I arrived at Metro PCS around two hours before the signing took place. I was about 150th in line. There were a ton of Angels fans who came out and by the end about 300 fans showed up. I decided to get a Rawlings bat signed by Torii. Normally during sit down signings I try to get a premium item signed.




Torii was nice as usual taking time to chat with the fans and interacting with them. I thanked Torii and I headed out to the James Worthy signing at Staples in Pico Rivera. I was really cutting it short. Due to traffic I arrived at Staples with 5 minutes to spare. As soon as I got in line they cut off the line after the last three people stood behind me. There were only about 10 of us left at the signing. Staples had a sponsorship with the NBA to promote the NBA Green Program so they had different NBA players show up at different locations to sign autographs. Initially I thought it was strictly one autograph per person so I intended on getting my Great Western Forum Floor signed by James since I already had him sign a basketball a week ago. However Staples allowed fans to get two items signed per person. The only unsigned item I had left in my backpack was an ROMLB so I ended up getting Worthy to sign my floor piece and my ROMLB. Although Worthy never played in the MLB I thought it was something cool for him to sign. I've seen other collectors do this as well in the past. James Worthy was nice as usual and he ended up signing both items for me.






All in all a great day of signing. Although it can get stressful at times trying to hit up two venues during the same day, going to two or more different autograph signings in one day is always a fun thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment